Welcome to our website !

What Makes Us Perfect

By 5:52 AM

Funny how a lot of the books I've been reading seem to revolve around the theme of experience. Not just the day by day things though. Maybe it's because I feel somewhat like what they talk about. 

In a recent play that I read, C.S. Lewis is teaching a crowd about life, about experience, about suffering. He said: 
Isn’t God supposed to be good? Isn’t God supposed to love us? And does God want us to suffer? What if the answer to that question is yes? ’Cause I’m not sure that God particularly wants us to be happy. I think he wants us to be able to love and be loved. He wants us to grow up. I suggest to you that it is because God love us that he makes us the gift of suffering. Pain is God's megaphone to rouse a deaf world. You see, we are like blocks of stone out of which the sculptor carves the forms of men. The blows of his chisel which hurt us so much with are what makes us perfect.
 Life throws a lot of things at us. We have good days and bad days, we have triumps and trials. As I start to loom back at the year behind me, I realize that Ihave been blessed. There have been so many good things that have happened, from friends, to work, to school and all that. But, I've also had my fair share of disappointments and pains, and especially now, with finals round the corner! :)

But, honestly, when were the times that I learned the most? It wasn't whenh things were the most comfortable, I didn't really need to learn anything I guess. I'm not saying that I learned much right during that trial or hard event. But, looking back, I see the things that I was to learn. Sometimes, the hardship ior heartache has come from someone's actions, but more often than not, of my own volition.

Here's the thing though. I have come to learn that every trial that I am given is a gift, a gift to change and improve and be better, to learn more about myself, about what I can handle and can become. God loves each one of us and wants us to be happy. That's why Lewis was right. Suffering is a gift, and if used right, the pain that comes from it will grow from a tunnel of darkness into an even brighter morning. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments