Welcome to our website !

The Way

By 5:59 AM

Have a bucket list?

I do, and I've just added one that's right at the top of it.

I was watching a movie on my flight titled The Way. It's this man who decides to finish his son's pilgrimage trip on "The Way of St. James," or Camino de santiago, after his son dies in an accident at the beginning of the trip. As a side note, the Way is apparently the path that Saints carried the body of James from Jerusalem to Spain after he was martyred.



Having not ever taken the time to experience life, to travel, to learn more about himself, he finally does. One poignant quote in the movie is during a flashback when he's arguing with his son about his choices, and remarks that life is about making choices to live, to which his son responds, "you don't choose a life, you live one."

It's one of those movies that touches you, that really gets you thinking about your priorities in life. It's a tale of forgiveness, and friendship, and trust.


I'm young, I have a lot of choices to make, and I want to live a good, worthwhile life. I would love to take this trip. I think sometimes, it's nice to take a break from life and take a little trip away from the world. Sure, I'm young, and perhaps I have a lot less to worry about right now. But, it's in these times, when you take a little step into the unknown, to really try and find yourself, that life takes the way that you need to go.

Anyone want to go with me?

You Might Also Like

0 comments