Welcome to our website !

Happy.

By 3:42 AM ,

I had an overweight bag when I checked in at the Salt Lake airport, and ended up having to pay $0 to get it through. If I had had the common sense to pack it into two bags, it would have been way cheaper. Then, on the flight to LA, I realized that I had forgotten my Singapore wallet and a bunch of other stuff that I was supposed to bring back.

I was so mad at myself at having wasted all that money, and not having been organized in such a way that would have allowed me to remember all the things that I was supposed to bring back. As I was moping about it and kicking myself in the behind, I had a little epiphany.

In the grand scheme of things, it didn't really matter. Yes, $90 is a heck of a lot of money and it definitely hurts, and forgetting a bunch of stuff meant for the rents got me a well-deserved lecture on my organizational skills, but (no excuses on my part), what ultimately matters is that I get to be at home for the holidays, to spend time with my parents and family. I was so excited and happy as the plane landed, and I was wonderfully joyful as I went through the doors and saw my parents waiting there for me.

It's all in the little things. Family. Friends. Ice Cream. Divine Comedy. This semester has really helped me to solidify my understanding that there are so many little things that bother us that really are of no consequence. If we can look back and say "Hey, is that going to affect me in five years, in ten years, in a week even?" If the answer is no,then we really don't have to be so bothered about it. We learn what we need to learn, then we laugh, stand up, and move on.

Then, we can be happy.

-eechie

You Might Also Like

0 comments