Welcome to our website !

"...fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you."

By 3:25 PM , , , , ,

1. I forgot to turn in the final paper for a pass/fail class and remembered two days later.
2. Apparently, I parked in an illegal spot on campus on a SUNDAY, and was given the gift of a $50 fine.
3. A year of mission videos was wiped from my external hard-drive, and,
4. A girl that I really like... well, let's just say that it isn't reciprocal anymore.

It's been a crazy few days, and honestly, I've been rather overwhelmed. But, it was in the moping and complaining that I realized that perhaps things weren't that bad.

1. I turned the paper in and was lucky enough to get credit for it.
2. I still have to pay the fine... should I pretend that I don't understand English that well, or just beg?)
3. :( Don't know what happened!
4. Still in the same boat.

So maybe the last three things haven't worked out the way I want them too, but they're working out in other ways. I was over at a friend's to celebrate his birthday, and we were each telling him why we thought he was awesome. I was lying on one friend's lap, while my legs were on birthday boy's, and we were just chatting, and, I was surrounded by friends who I really do love and care for, and who love me and care for me too! I realized then that I was blessed, lucky, and grateful for the friends who I have in my life, who talk to me when I need a ear, who rush to the hospital or to my house when I am in need, whether physically, spiritually or emotionally.





















When I told my Mom about this girl, she told me to "stop being such a wuss and moping," and to just move on. Perhaps it wasn't the advice that I wanted, especially when it hurt. But, as I think about it, sometimes practical advice is the best solution. My Dad said, "Don't worry son, no matter what happens, you'll always have your parents." I love you, Mom and Dad.


The Doctrine & Covenants has always been close to my heart, but over the course of my mission, I came to love it even more, especially since so many of the sections and verses apply and/or refer to missionary work. But, these particular verses caught my eye the other night. I will probably never have to suffer as the Prophet Joseph did, but these verses captured my heart all the same.

Doctrine & Covenants 122:7-9 read:

And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.
So, even though I still have to pay that fine, I'll still survive. Even though those precious videos might be gone forever, the real memories will never leave me. And, though this girl might not work out, there will be that one who is the one.

My Heavenly Father and Brother both love me very much. I'm here to learn certain things, to go through certain experiences. It's going to be easy and it's going to be hard. But, as long as I am faithful to the gospel and honor my Priesthood, things will ALWAYS work out the way that God wants it to.

I have HOPE in Him and all that He does for me.



-eechie.

You Might Also Like

0 comments