Welcome to our website !

Grateful for my Left Thumb

By 12:48 PM

I'm typing this with four fingers right now.

I can't use my right hand, and my left thumb is out of service at the moment. While I was washing dishes earlier tonight, the knife I was washing slipped out of my right hand and sliced my left thumb, my good thumb.

So frustrating.

People were coming over and I was trying to clean up the mess, the trash, the clothes at my place. Of all times, of all things, MY THUMB.

The stupid thing wouldn't stop bleeding after 15 minutes, so I had to sit down for a bit and just press down on it and eventually had a friend help bandage it properly (thanks Laura!)

 Then this thought came to me, "My thumb is really important, there are so many things I can't do if I don't have my thumb."

There are so many things that I complain about every day, and that I am not grateful for. But, at least for today, and perhaps every day from now on, I should find something to be grateful for. I've always thought it pretty random and somewhat annoying when people post on Facebook or Instagram what they're grateful for, but I think I'm starting to get the point. For me, it'll probably be something more personal, but I appreciate the principle.

Anyhow, I could list off the things I'm grateful for, like my friends/family/job/roof over my head/ good health. All those cliched stuff.

But, what I'm truly grateful for today is my somewhat injured, but still functioning, THUMB.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thumb - what an interesting word. Thumb.

You Might Also Like

0 comments