Welcome to our website !

Love Chooses Us

By 6:53 AM



Read this story printed in The New York Times. It's a good little reminder of what love really is about. It reminds me that love isn't always a fairytale story (though as a guy I'm not supposed to believe in that anyway). 

A lot of the time, I think we try to push it, we try to see if that person can fit in our vision or idea of a soulmate. Here's the point though: you can't do that. Love is, in a way, a jigsaw puzzle. It works perfectly between two people, or it doesn't. I'm not saying it doesn't take work. What I'm saying is that it works perfectly, precisely because two people work on it, each and every day. That puzzle becomes whole when you plod along each day, knowing that there will be a satisfying result at the end. 

I'm still waiting for that. As such, I'm still waiting for that perfect story. Eventually, we find that perfect person who is right for us. I don't know if I'm making sense anymore, but the author sums up my thoughts perfectly she she says this:
"But my husband has seen me at my worst, at my most vile. And he has seen me at my best. He knows the things I don’t tell anyone, and the lies that I tell everyone but him. I have made sacrifices for him and been angry about it. Sometimes his flaws are so egregious, so blatant, they are all I see. And sometimes his kindness is so stunning that I am humbled.
And that’s love. Big, epic, fairy-tale love. The kind of love people write about. The kind of love that could inspire a poem."
We don't choose love. Love chooses us.


"In the end, it's these small things that you remember. The little imperfections that make them perfect for you."

-eechie.

You Might Also Like

0 comments