Welcome to our website !

The Book of Mormon

By 2:20 PM

Wrote this last Sunday, but I wanted to ponder on it a little first...

I was thinking about writing a post about my sleeping habits, and how I'm working on changing that. But, since it's a Sunday, I figured that I'd write about what's more present on my mind.

A lot of the time in Church, I've found myself drifting off into lala land, and then I think Church is kinda boring. But, when I take the time to listen and take notes, I learn so much! Maybe I should do that more with school too...

Anyhow, today, we talk to the trials and adversities that we go through in life in Sunday School. In sacrament, we spoke about knowing just how important we are to our Heavenly Father, about His unconditional love for us, and also what we can do to follow Him more. Over the past few days, I've been thinking a lot about The Book of Mormon, and the impact and influence it has on my life. While we discussed a bunch from scriptures, there was a particular scripture from The Book of Mormon that stood out to me. We used to share it often as missionaries, and I guess I haven't thought about it much in awhile.

Life is going alright, but there are a few things that I'm really discouraged and worried about. When the high councilor who spoke gave this scripture as his parting words, it took me back to the days when I shared these verses, when they were my source of comfort. They still are. He quoted from 2 Nephi 31: 19-20.

And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save. Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thussaith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
A lot of the time, I think that people believe that we believe in being saved through works. Yes, we must obey the commandments. But, at the end of the day, the Atonement of Jesus Christ provides all the grace that saves us. I love The Book of Mormon. It is a testament of Jesus Christ. It brings me joy in my life, and helps me to know that Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ love me UNCONDITIONALLY.

I LOVE this book. I love this quote from President Eyring from General Conference just a month ago:
You can take courage as I do from the example of endurance given us by Moroni. He was alone in his ministry. He knew the end of life was near for him. And yet listen to what he wrote for the sake of people not yet born and the descendants of his mortal enemies: “Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ.”
Read it. You can know that it's true too.





You Might Also Like

0 comments