Welcome to our website !

"Now tell me again, what happened here?"

By 10:33 AM , , ,


I remember when I first came to the Sacred Grove. It was five years ago that I spent a summer in Buffalo, and came here a couple of times to go to the temple. I loved the experience, and thought about the things that I felt then from time to time. Right after my time in Buffalo, I spent a week at EFY, which was a great testimony builder, and a foundation on which I laid bricks on, to know that Jesus Christ is my Savior.

Five years on, I've been at BYU two years and and a half, which has been a great environment in which to build my testimony, and I've spent two years testifying of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Looking back on these past few years, I can't really see how much my testimony has grown. I know it has. I just hope it's been enough, especially with all the opportunities presented me.

As the sister missionaries gave an introduction, one of them invited us to ask Heavenly Father, and, in a sense, ourselves, a question.

"Now tell me again, what happened here?"

That question has been going through my mind these past few hours as I've asked, "what happened here?" The funny thing is that I do know. But it is always comforting, each and every time, to feel the witness that we can only receive through the Holy Ghost. "Please, tell me again. I want to see, I want to feel, I want to know."

It's not anything special, it is just a grove, but then again, it is everything. All because a boy went into the woods to pray, I know things that brings me joy every day, every single day.

The breeze rustles the leaves gently as the wind drifts by. I won't be sitting here much longer, but I know that I don't have to be here always to know that it's true. When I get down on my knees and bow my head, I can close my eyes and imagine wherever I want to be. The temple, the Sacred Grove, the Garden of Gethsemene. And then, I can ask once again:

"Now tell me again, what happened here?"



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I remember teaching you Seminary - Book of Mormon year. I remember thinking then that you had a special 'way with words' ... you still do :) I'm excited that you've been accepted into the Public Relations Program - you'll learn so much and give so much back ... and keep writing, Ee Chien ... Heavenly Father has given you a special gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I was there in the Sacred Grove in summer of 2003 and was able to get a photo of the sun shining through the trees. It was almost spiritual.

    ReplyDelete