Welcome to our website !

Day 2: What I should really have given up

By 2:59 PM

Today made me realize that there were two things that I might have considered giving up more than TV - social media and dating. 

1. Social Media
Today was busy, I had a good amount of schoolwork to get done, but then I got distracted by Facebook and Twitter and a plethora of other social media sites.

No, I wasn't watching videos, but it just seemed so easy to browse online. I ended up wasting a couple hours doing that, and figuring out some blog issues. By the time I had figured it out, I had to go get ready for a PR conference, so that was that.

I've recently wrote a blog post for one of my classes about the distractions we face in the world today, about how media envelopes our lives. It is soooo useful, I can get so much done by collabarating on it, sharing ideas, pictures and any number of useful things. But - trust me: if I didn't need it for my classes, I would be getting rid of social media for the next 40 days.
 


2. Dating
It's a frustrating thing, at least for me. Tonight, this girl who I really liked, told me that it might have worked out, but the timing was off, so she didn't want to pursue it. She had some good reasons, and I understand them, but it still hurt.

If I gave up dating for 40 days, I'd probably have more than 60 hours of free time, my wallet would weigh a little less, and I would be carefree. But, I like girls. And so, I date. But, it is frustratingly discouraging, more so when you like the girl and you thought it might have worked out.



Questions of the Day:
So, do you think social media takes up too much of our time? And, is dating worth the pain?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Dude. I recommend giving up dating. The whole game is so not worth the grief.

    ReplyDelete