Welcome to our website !

My Two Mites

By 1:52 PM , ,

18 credits was probably not the best idea.

But, I've learned a lot. mostly that when I put my mind to something, that I can accomplish it.

This week is going to be absolutely crazy. But, I know it is something that I can do. General Conference this past weekend was great.

Elder Dallin H. Oaks hit home with his talk about desire. He said:

"Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving and our becoming."

I fail more often than not to act on my desires. I get my desires and priorities down, but I am hard pressed to make the right choices at times and "become."

It really is something for me to work on.

When someone's been given much, there is so much expected. I need to live up to my full potential.

The widow gave all she had, her two mites. What are my two mites?


-eechie.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I loved that talk about becoming, and I love that story of the Widow's Mite. I think this depiction of it is just gorgeous:

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Sj1N0XcxIIQ/TZDt9WG4COI/AAAAAAAADhg/Uspb0D7WKtE/s1600/The_Widows_Mite.jpg

    Good luck with your 18 credit semester! You're almost done!

    ReplyDelete