Welcome to our website !

Chinese, here I come.

By 11:50 AM

I've been meaning to update my blog for a couple weeks now, but school's been absolutely crazy, so I haven't really had any time.

Anyhow, finals are over. I pounded through them. Woke up at 5a.m. on Saturday and took 3, woke up at 5a.m. on Monday and took 2, and woke up on Tuesday at 7a.m. and took 1. Ironically, I did worst on the last final.

Anyhow, I want to write now about what I've been meaning to write about for the last couple of weeks.

So, on the Monday where we had our last Chinese "lab" class, my TA, Sisi, was wrapping up, expressing her gratitude for us (because we're awesome) and all that. And then, she reminded us why we're studying Chinese.

Sisi said whatever reason we had for learning Chinese, it was something really important to her, because we were larning the language of her people. More often than not, people say that China isn't open for the gospel yet, that when it is, we won't have enough missionaries, that it will be amazing... but, she said "When I see students from China who leave their country and get baptized and bring the gospel back, or when faithful Chinese take a few days' trip to Hong Kong to have the lessons taught to them in two days and get baptized, that shows me that China is open. And, you are learning the language of my people to make that difference in their lives."

I wish I had written this earlier.

But, what she says makes so much sense. I have the opportunity and privilege to take my language and share the gospel with those who do not yet have it. I have my language also because I am Chinese, and I'm proud of it. Whatever Heavenly Father gives us, He gives it to benefit others, to serve those around us.

What better way then to bring the gospel of good news to His children?

She thanked us, and the Spirit was there.

Chinese, here I come.

-eechie.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Can we go and get everyone baptized once it opens up?? They're ready, I'm ready, and You're ready-we're golden!

    ReplyDelete