Welcome to our website !

what-if-ing.

By 1:43 PM , ,

A couple of days ago, I ran into a girl that I really liked and who I have been on a few dates with. Things didn't turn out the way that I'd hoped. After... well, things didn't work out, I moped for days about what I could have done better, what I could have changed and all that. All these "what ifs" ran around my head and bothered me to no end.

When I saw her again, some of those emotions coursed through my mind and heart again. What if? What if I had asked her to wait? What if I had just asked if she wanted to chat for awhile? Then those what ifs from a couple months ago came back, and it was not fun.

But then I thought, "Why am I what-if-ing? What's the point?" I could dwell on it more, I could be a slave to those questions that would only bring doubt and self-pity, or I could be stronger, and not who, what, when, why and how it too.

It so happens that one of my friends, Tasha Hinton, posted the little thought posted below on her blog that day that helped me stop what-if-ing, but instead, being believing.
I am grateful that at the end of the day
when life is just too overwhelming
I can simply ask God
to help me with all of the things that I need
and I don't have to say them out loud
because He knows them already.
Thanks God.
In all things, You are good.
-eechie.

You Might Also Like

0 comments