Welcome to our website !

Friendship in Your 30s

By 9:30 PM

As I get older, I don't like to stay out as late.

The problem is, a lot of my friends still do, and I'm afraid I'll lose my friends if I don't go out with them as much.

I know that there are other times and things that we can do together, but with the juggling of family, work, the bar, and the different groups of friends, I feel myself getting lost in them all.

One of my biggest struggles is still finding a group of close friends that I can rely on, trust in. It's easy to hang out with people - get coffee, lunch, party, drink. But, finding true, lasting friends. That's the hard part.

I suppose friendships, in a sense, are like relationships. You need to work on them, nurture them, take the time and effort to show that you care and want them to be a part of your life. One of my failings is wanting to be here and there and everywhere, which I think partially contributes to not finding one core group of friends.

As I get older, and want to have quiet and more peaceful evenings, I guess I have to find a group who wants to do the same. Easier said than done though.



You Might Also Like

0 comments